Quality Assurance Engineer – Etihad Engineering
The purpose of the Quality Assurance Engineer (QAE) is to undertake and manage assigned internal and external audits, assess and recommend engineers for certifying privileges, review and complete capability development assessments, conduct aircraft related investigations and carry out surveillance activities in accordance with the approved manuals, in order to maintain continued validity of the CAR 145, EASA Part 145, FAR 145 and other NAA Maintenance Organization Approvals.
As part of the organization, responsible for supporting the establishment and development of the Company’s Safety Management System (SMS) in response to United Arab Emirates Civil Aviation Law, and General Civil Aviation Authority SMS requirements.
- Accountable in the management, preparation and conduct of quality audits and surveillance inspections of internal and external contracted maintenance functions to uphold regulatory and internal standards, producing reports and ensuring corrective/preventive actions are implemented and effective.
- Conduct technical investigations on maintenance related incidents, accidents and process errors which encompass National Aviation Authorities (NAA) Mandatory Occurrence Reports. Evaluate and provide causal and contributing factors, safety analysis and recommendations to senior management within Etihad Airway Engineering (EYE) and produce comprehensive Investigation Reports to mitigate repeat occurrences, reducing costs and increasing safety.
- To ensure that all NAA Approvals held remain valid and where requested manage new NAA approvals, renewal process and/or extensions.
- To liaise with NAA’s and Internal Stakeholders for issues related to NAA approvals and keep QA Management upto date with feedback/requests received.
- Provide quality assurance awareness and maintenance procedures training to personnel to ensure that all staff have appropriate procedures awareness and support the development and revision of maintenance procedures.
- Accountable for the conduct and assessment of documentation/license reviews and oral assessment to approve and qualify all aircraft engineers and authorization holders within EYE they are technically competent for the maintenance of aircraft/components or return to service of aircraft/components.
- Review and conduct capability extensions for new aircraft/components or facilities by way of audit and surveillance inspections to uphold regulatory and internal standards, producing reports and ensuring corrective/preventive actions are implemented and effective.
Education & Experience
- Valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence (ICAO), and/or an appropriate Engineering degree
- Minimum of 10 years aviation industry experience, including at least 5 years in Quality Assurance (maintenance) environment conducting aircraft investigations and/or audits
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com