Senior Mechanic – Cabin
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
To assist Aircraft Technicians / Licensed Aircraft Engineers with the maintenance of EK and third party aircraft compliant to GCAA regulations.
– Carry out basic servicing of EK and third party aircraft without supervision ensuring that manufacturers and company procedures are followed.
– Carry out component replacements as instructed by and supervised by licenced engineers under the guidance and support of Aircraft Technicians.
– Have a sound knowledge of routine servicing ground equipment in order to identify un-serviceable components, accurately recording these to ensure immediate rectification.
– Communicate with the operating crew of aircraft in relation to refuelling aircraft and routine servicing, as well as refuelling aircraft without supervision including technical log completion.
– Complete transit/daily/weekly and service checks of EK aircraft.
– Ensure tools, equipment and systems (including Ultramain) are well maintained in the relevant work place.
– Maintain and ensure the safety of self and others by taking safety precautions at all times, continuously monitoring the working area and taking corrective action to keep it clean and obstruction free to avoid any accidents.
Qualifications & Experience
Engineering Mechanical 1+ Year
Vocational or Diploma (12+2 or equivalent)
– Vocational/ National / Higher National Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) or Apprenticeship in Mechanical, Electronic, Avionics or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent training with a reputable airline or an approved maintenance organisation.
– Experience carrying out maintenance on aircraft in an engineering environment.
– Basic knowledge (theory and practical) of airframe, power plant and technical equipment. Must have completed Human factors, GCAA air leg and fuel tank awareness training.
– Must be able to work independently.
– Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
– Must be able to hold a valid Airport Driving Permit.
This position is Safety Sensitive and you will work in the below conditions:
– Working at height
– Exposure to hazardous energy systems
– Heavy lifting
– Working in areas with motorised mobile equipment
– Work in confined spaces
– Contact with contaminations materials (Humans/Animals/Chemicals)
– Contact with dangerous good
– Work in an extremely noisy environment
– Work in heat
– Working with pressurised substances
– Exposure to fixed protruding sharp objects
– Exposure to contact with moving/falling objects. Yes Airport driving permit
– Driving a vibrating equipment
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what’s it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.