Qatar Airways Careers – Line Maintenance International |Duty Engineer – JFK
About the role
The Duty Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Aircraft Maintenance service in New York. This role will support the operations effectively by providing the required specialized knowledge and skills. The successful candidate for this role is responsible for ensuring the optimal fleet performance of Qatar Airways aircraft through appropriate manpower, materials and completion of assigned complex tasks within set timeframes.
Specific operational responsibilities include:
• Constantly achieves the expected quality and productivity for each maintenance tasks.
• Plans assigned activities effectively and ensures proper usage of equipment and tooling as per procedural framework.
• Communicates to all Qatar Airways’ affiliated parties in the station and oversees audit supervision in the station.
• Responsible for the final release of work accomplished by self or Mechanics.
• Ensures tasks are performed to meet company standard and targets eg. Dispatch reliability and level of acceptable deferred defects.
• Accomplishes aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with the agreed policies and procedures.
• Monitors Health, Safety and Environment requirements of Qatar Airways and the staff at all times.
• Ensures required tools and equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
• Manages shift handover and ensures that incoming shifts are informed of operational requirements that have or could have an impact on business.
• Utilizes effectively the available ground time in clearing defects and performing scheduled task through close liaison with Maintenance Operations Control Centre and station team.
• Provides support in case of AOG in JFK Airport as well as providing operational requirements within certain regions where Qatar Airways operates.
• Travels to station for aircraft recovery as required.
• Plans and executes Line Maintenance services to other airlines accordingly to contract executed between Qatar Airways and Operators.
Qatar Airways Careers -Aircraft Mechanic- London Heathrow – LHR
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills
• Relevant College or University level qualification
• Holds a minimum of two full QR main fleet EASA/ICAO/QCAA license and approvals.
• Licensed Engineer capable of holding authorization on foreign carrier’s aircraft types.
• Holds EASA part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License, type-rated with minimum two aircraft type i.e. A330, B777, A350 and B787 is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Technical Maintenance for a large Airline.
• Holds EASA part 147 type training or equivalent.
• Able to work in a highly pressurized working environment.
• Able to work with high volume activities within 24/7 shift pattern.
• Has good exposure to operational and tactical decision-making.
• Able to prioritize sequential completion of tasks and processes.
Only US Citizens and US permanent Residents will be considered for the role. The position is not eligible for a visa sponsorship.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply
If you have what it to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.
Apply on Company Site