Qatar Airways Careers – Duty Engineer – Singapore
The Duty Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Aircraft Maintenance service in Singapore Station. This role will support the operations effectively by providing the required specialized knowledge and skills. The successful candidate for this role is responsible for ensuring the optimal fleet performance of Qatar Airways aircraft through appropriate manpower, materials and completion of assigned complex tasks within set timeframes.
Specific operational responsibilities include:
• Constantly achieves the expected quality and productivity for each maintenance tasks.
• Plans assigned activities effectively and ensures proper usage of equipment and tooling as per procedural framework.
• Communicates to all Qatar Airways’ affiliated parties in the station and oversees audit supervision in the station.
• Responsible for the final release of work accomplished by self or Mechanics.
• Ensures tasks are performed to meet company standard and targets eg. Dispatch reliability and level of acceptable deferred defects.
• Accomplishes aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with the agreed policies and procedures.
• Monitors Health, Safety and Environment requirements of Qatar Airways and the staff at all times.
• Ensures required tools and equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
• Manages shift handover and ensures that incoming shifts are informed of operational requirements that have or could have an impact on business.
• Utilizes effectively the available ground time in clearing defects and performing scheduled task through close liaison with Maintenance Operations Control Centre and station team.
• Provides support in case of AOG in Singapore as well as providing operational requirements within certain regions where Qatar Airways operates.
• Travels to station for aircraft recovery as required.
• Plans and executes Line Maintenance services to other airlines accordingly to contract executed between Qatar Airways and Operators
• Relevant College or University level qualification
• Licensed Engineer capable of holding authorization on foreign carrier’s aircraft types.
• Holds EASA part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License, type-rated with the following aircraft type: A350, A380,B777 Passenger/ Freighter and B787
• Holds CAAS (Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore) license.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Technical Maintenance for a large Airline.
• Holds EASA part 147 type training or equivalent.
• Able to work in a highly pressurized working environment.
• Able to work with high volume activities within 24/7 shift pattern.
• Has good exposure to operational and tactical decision-making.
• Able to prioritize sequential completion of tasks and processesExplore Location