Aircraft Structures Technician
Jobs at Etihad Airways – Aircraft Structures Technician Jobs It is an exciting time to work for Etihad. We are transforming the aviation industry through creativity, innovation and sustainability, pushing the boundaries to create a world of thoughtful choices for our guests on every journey. In addition, just as we aspire to create meaningful experiences for our guests, we are equally committed to delivering a remarkably thoughtful employee experience.
The Aircraft Structures Technician performs structural repairs on the Etihad fleet as per Etihad’s GCAA CAR 145 Maintenance approval. Structural repairs include inspections, cleaning, re-work, and repairs to composite or metallic airframes, nacelles, and engines in accordance with OEM specifications.
Accountabilities of Aircraft Structures Technician
- Assesses aircraft or engine reported damages and executes repairs necessary as per OEM instructions.
- Reviews the Structure Repair Manual (SRM) or Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) for damage assessments, and repair procedures.
- Provides the Aircraft Engineer the necessary information or data related to any structural defect with associated information from the OEM which determines the aircraft’s damage condition.
- Documents all work performed in the Structures handover to ensure work continuity is clear and consistent.
- Provides the Lead Structures Technician with the Structure Damager Repair Record (SDRR) for every new damage assessed.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
Education & Experience Aircraft Structures Technician
- Education: High School Certificate or Equivalent.
- Formal basic aircraft maintenance structures/ composite training or an equivalent is preferable.
- Experience: Four years working in a Live Aviation environment and Ramp operations. In addition, you must be proficient in structural assessments including composite and metallic structures.
- Must possess 3-5 years of structural/ composite repair and maintenance experience preferably with Airlines or MRO
- Ability to work independently and possess skills to take charge and lead a team.
About Etihad Airways
Jobs at Etihad Airways – Aircraft Structures Technician Jobs – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.