Gulf Helicopters Careers – Licensed Avionics Engineer B2- AS350
Responsible for the maintenance of the aircraft including supervision of technicians and operatives and complete documentation for nominated tasks.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assume the position of Lead Engineer whilst acting as the S92 Duty Engineer.
- Ensure that maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance with the latest Maintenance Manuals and procedures.
- Supervise Technicians and Operatives in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the company’s standards and procedures.
- Complete documentation for nominated tasks. Ensuring all paperwork in relation to any work carried out is completed correctly and all follow up requirements have been correctly called for and/or completed.
- Advise supervisory staff of concerns regarding defects, safety and procedures.
- Ensure that secondary tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that good housekeeping standards are maintained in nominated areas.
- Ensure that equipment used during maintenance is returned to designated areas on completion of the task(s).
- Support aircraft away from base, as required, as either flight or ground crew.
- Issue certifications within the scope of authorizations held and in accordance with company procedures.
- Actively encourage practices that promote flight safety standards during his daily activities.
- Ensure that, at all times, only authorized personnel gain access to the aircraft.
- Ensure that his authorization remains valid and current.
- Ensure the aircraft is available and prepared to the required standard for operations and within the time frame laid down by company procedures. (Currently there is a minimum call out period of three hours to prepare the aircraft for flight).
- Supervise of all aircraft towing and refuelling to ensure it is carried out in accordance with company procedures.
- Any other duties as required by direct Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Holder of AME License endorsed with AS350 and Arriel 2 which is acceptable to the QCAA for issuance of authorization.
- Type course on AS350 with Arriel 2 engine issued by manufacturer or EASA Part 147 organization, including theoretical & practical element.
- Must be able to gain QCAA license within 12 months of first authorization issue.
- A minimum of 5 years of civilian helicopter experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience on type(s) operated by Gulf Helicopters.
- Previous experience within offshore oil and gas operations preferred, but not essential.
Should you meet the above requirements, please apply and fill out the online application form and kindly attach your detailed and updated CV, AS350 and Arriel 2 type course certificates, AME License with the applicable aircraft type rating, log book for the last 6months, employment certificates, passport copy etc. for our review and reference.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.