Gulf Helicopters Careers – Licensed Aircraft Engineer B1
The allocation of certifying staff to designated maintenance tasks in Line and Base maintenance is the responsibility of the LAE Engineer A&C, who controls production and maintenance. On allocation to a task, certifying staff are responsible to the relevant supervisor for
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Ensure that maintenance tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Supervise technicians and operatives in the performance of their duties.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s standards and procedures.
- Complete the documentation for nominated tasks.
- Advise supervisory staff of concerns regarding defects, safety and procedures
- Ensure that secondary duties are carried out in a safe and efficient manner and that good housekeeping standards are maintained in nominated areas.
- Ensure that the equipment used during maintenance is returned to designated areas on completion of the task(s).
- Issue certifications within the scope of authorisations held and in accordance with Company procedures.
- Actively encourage practices that promote flight safety during his daily activities.
- Act as supervisor when requested or required.
- Any other duties as required by direct Supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Holder of AME License which is acceptable to the QCAA for issuance of authorization.
- Type course on GHC aircraft issued by Part 147 organization, including practical element.
- Must be able to gain QCAA license within 12 months of first authorization issue.
- A minimum of 5 years helicopter experience as a LAE.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience on type(s) operated by Gulf Helicopters.
- Previous experience within offshore oil and gas operations preferred, but not essential.
- Proven track record working in a similar sized operation in a similar organization.
- Solid understanding of helicopter maintenance practices and procedures.
- Strong technical knowledge related to various types of aircraft.
- Understanding of quality and safety systems within a Part 145 organization