About the job Etihad Airways Engineering –
It’s an exciting time to work for Etihad. We’re transforming the aviation industry through creativity, innovation and sustainability, pushing the boundaries to create a world of thoughtful choices for our guests on every journey. And just as we aspire to create meaningful experiences for our guests, we’re equally committed to delivering a remarkably thoughtful employee experience.
To analyze and propose optimum levels of assigned inventory type with best practices of inventory management to meet the agreed SLA to Technical operations in most cost-effective manner. To support inventory management including all aspects of asset management, such as operations support, investment analysis, surplus management, and database management.
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (AMS) is responsible to ensure quality control mechanisms are maintained as per GCAA and Etihad Technical Operations requirements. The AMS supervises a team of aircraft engineers and technicians, making sure all the tasks are done correctly and comply with organizational requirements, coordinating maintenance activities, and contributing to the overall efficiency and safety of aircraft operations.
- Conduct pre-shift safety briefings with the crew and cover any recent notices that have been issued.
- Talk and collaborate with other teams and departments as necessary to make sure of a smooth workflow and minimize downtime Assign tasks, prioritize workload, and make sure resources are used efficiently.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations, mentorship, and training to improve the team’s competence.
- Read and interpret OEM maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine viability and methods of repairing or replacing unserviceable components.
- Make sure all team members observe safety precautions and have the required PPE for the tasks assigned.
- Accomplish independent inspections to check the quality and completeness of maintenance tasks as required.
- Do random tool box/kit inspections on team members to make sure compliance with organizational requirements is maintained.
- Raise TORs while conducting inspections/audits to enhance continual improvement.
- Conduct Quality Control inspections during maintenance activities to ensure all staff are compliant to Etihad and GCAA requirements.
- Ensure accurate submissions of Lost Tool Reports are submitted immediately i.a.w Etihad Procedures Promote a “clean as you go” culture with a strong emphasis on F.O.D prevention. Ensure that general housekeeping is maintained at his immediate working area and that use of correct tools and properly returned after daily use.
- Take part in incident investigations to find the root cause of safety accidents, incidents, or near-misses.
- Identify hazards, risks and perform Risk Assessment in your area and report to the Safety Manager.
Education & Experience:
- Essential: Valid aircraft maintenance license recognized by ICAO.
- Equivalent B.S. degree in the field of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic engineering) is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 years in aircraft maintenance experience is required.
- At least 3 years are related to supervisory or Quality Control functions and have a complete understanding of SMS requirements.
- Ability to engage and work cross-functionally at all levels Must be able to conduct safety briefings, assist with investigation reports, and organize manpower around the shift’s flight schedule. Excellent communication, leadership and coaching skills.
Etihad Airways Engineering holds equity investments in airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Virgin Australia, and Swiss-based Darwin Airline, trading as Etihad Regional. Etihad Airways, along with airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Etihad Regional, Jet Airways and NIKI, also participate in Etihad Airways Partners, a new brand that brings together like-minded airlines to offer customers more choice through improved networks and schedules and enhanced frequent flyer benefits. For more information.