The Aircraft Technician is responsible for carrying out maintenance tasks on Emirates and third party aircraft and components in accordance with laid down procedures and regulations. The Aircraft Technician will work as part of a team under the direction and guidance of the assigned Licensed Aircraft Engineer within the trade disciplines for which they have been trained.
- – Generic: – To carry out routine aircraft/engine/component servicing/ maintenance and/or approved structural repairs compliant to manufacturers procedures whilst observing all safety procedures for fluid replenishment, aircraft refuelling, aircraft systems charging/servicing as required.
- – To complete any component replacement and other maintenance activities as directed by immediate supervisor. This will include the ability to obtain and understand Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Illustrated Parts catalogue (IPC), Component Maintenance Manual (CMM) or other approved documentation required to carry out this task.
- – Assist Licensed Aircraft Engineers in `Walk around Checks on arrival and prior to departure as directed by the assigned engineer, in trouble shooting, defect rectifications and carrying out modifications while also performing instructions contained in job card.
- – Participate and promote in creating a safety culture in an effort to minimize accidents and highlight deficiencies/failures that can lead to such accidents. Ensure all work locations are kept clean and excellent housekeeping conditions are maintained. This includes being aware and communicating safety shortfalls. To avoid FOD will be vigilant in ensuring work areas (including the ramp), vehicles, stands, lockers and that toolboxes are regularly audited, maintained and kept clean.
- – Should be fully conversant with airport safety regulations including holding and maintaining an airport driving permit. Should be fully conversant with airport manoeuvring area requirements and be able to comply.
- – Work closely with supervisor, through the PM review system to agree on development plans including training, strengths and weaknesses and time frames for completion. Grooming standards maintained and attendance to be maintained.
- – Ensure prompt attendance to all allocated tasks with the intent to maximize the ground time and avoid operational delays/disruptions. This will include obtaining aircraft/ component status brief from LAEs/ reports and preparing accordingly. Should be able to communicate any aircraft/ component/ structural defects found to the LAE in an expedient manner and ensure during shift handovers all required information is clearly passed to the staff taking over before leaving the said aircraft/ workshop.
- SPECIFIC JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES FOR EMIRATES FLIGHT TRAINING ACADEMY (EFTA)
– The role will be directly contributing to the safety and airworthiness through accomplishment of maintenance activity for the Academy?s fleet of 27 aircraft. The employee will be available to be deployed anywhere throughout the EFTA operation including diversionary airfields to assist in the recovery of an AOG.
– Maintain and repair academy?s aircrafts including the diagnosis of electrical and mechanical issues, the replacement of defective and worn parts, and the inspection of aircraft on a maintenance schedule in order to prevent problems before they happen. Conduct testing on a plane’s communication and diagnostic systems and work specifically on electrical systems and different parts of EFTA aircraft.
Qualifications & Experience
Vocational or Diploma (12+2 or equivalent)
– Vocational/ National Diploma/Higher National Diploma (12+2 or equivalent) or Apprenticeship in
– Mechanical, Electronic, Avionics or Aeronautical Engineering or equivalent training with a reputable
airline or an approved maintenance organisation or Engineering Aircraft Maintenance License.
– 5 years experience post basic training in an Aircraft Maintenance environment or 5 years experience
in Structures or Component Maintenance for applicable workshop.
Salary & Benefits
Join our growing team and enjoy a competitive remuneration package, discounts on flights and hotel stays. Find out more about working with us in our website www.emirates.com/careers