Engineer – Landing Gear
Location Dubai,United Arab Emirates
Position Role Type:
At our Dubai MRO Centre located in Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA), we are specialists in the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft systems. As part of our planned continued expansion, we require experienced individuals who will contribute to our success, whilst upholding our reputation as a leading provider of quality MRO services with customers. An opportunity has arisen for an Engineer within our Dubai Landing Gear Team in Jebel Ali Free Zone, Dubai. This site is part of Interiors, Services & Support, a global business unit of Collins Aerospace. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a diverse team.
Essential Responsibilities & Objectives
- To perform production planning Engineering functions within the Landing gear value stream
- Evaluate incoming configuration of landing gears, assess required changes to Bill of materials based on customer defined workscope and create outgoing configuration based on contractual requirements
- Evaluate Service bulletins, create and issue appropriate task cards, and update Bill of materials in SAP
- Define workscope requirements for subcontract repair requisitions
- Create Proposed repairs for engineering submittals and create shop findings reports to document all repairs before delivery to end use customer
- Standard Engineering tasks to ensure customer delivery dates and contractual requirements are met with specified levels of quality.
- Manage and provide technical support in the investigation, repair and overhaul of A380 Landing gear Components undergoing overhaul at the Dubai facility
- Provide technical support and instructions to customers or vendors at their locations, when required.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to develop, communicate and achieve tactical and strategic goals in areas such as COPQ reduction, Quality and delivery assurance through reduction of production issues.
- Develop systems and processes which establish and maximize flow within the business unit.
- Ensure that technical instructions covering repair procedures mandated by the Component Maintenance Manual’s, service bulletins, service letters, and airworthiness directives are incorporated into task cards.
- Guarantee received material meets customer build-standard. Ensure integrity of rotable assets remain complete by performing Bill of materials reconciliation process.
- Provide direction and support to Ops team to ensure quality and schedule priorities are integrated
- Ensure continuous improvement of the products and/or services provided.
- Liaise with Technical support and Field service support teams as required to support customer activities
- Support investigations and technical queries from Customer.
- Develop and provide training to enhance technical capability of repair base
Financial & Business
- Achieve budgeted throughput and productive man hours within OT/DCI parameters.
- Achieve profit assurance goals.
- Responsible for actively promoting an ethics-based business culture in his/her organization
- Awareness of and full compliance with RTX One Collins Culture including completion of Required ethics and compliance training.
- Demonstrate commitment to the EH&S policy and Quality Policy by following all policies & procedures
- Reduce COPQ to yearly target and ensure compliance to all quality audits.
- Effectively respond to all CARs in timely fashion.
- Achieve CORE objectives.
- Deliver defect free products, zero QA escapes.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements.
- Assist in meeting TAT and labor hour targets.
- Assist in achieving 95% on time delivery of all products.
- Work with CSR to develop and implement customer and engineering solutions, while improving customer satisfaction (MFA).
Environmental Health & Safety
- Complying with EH&S requirements & safe workplace practices when performing duties with due concern for all other persons.
- Support improvements to eliminate or reduce workplace risks.
- Immediately reporting & responding as appropriate to any hazardous condition.
Experience / Requirements / Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or Diploma in aircraft engineering with at least 3 years relevant experience in an engineering production planning, technical services, configuration engineering or repairs engineering role required
- Experience in interpreting Blueprints and technical documents required
- Knowledge or experience with Landing gears is preferred.
- Strong understanding of relevant industry standards and specifications.
- Strong teamwork and leadership abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and work under pressure in time-sensitive situations.
- Highly competent in assimilating quickly to new assignments with limited supervision.
- Ability to balance capacities of different shops to maximize overall customer delivery and effectiveness.
- Experience in working with OEM technical instructions (CMM, SB etc).
- Familiarity with aerospace regulatory requirements (EASA, FAA, GCAA).
- Ability to interpret technical documentation including schematics, Illustrated parts catalogues, blue prints and test specifications.