Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Location: Victoria, AU, 3041
Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you will
• Troubleshoot, repair, inspecting aircraft systems and managing aircraft maintenance inputs in/out of base station.
• Perform and document all work as per the regulations as required.
• Liaise with customers and their representatives.
• Ensure that all work carried out during maintenance is certified in accordance with the relevant standards and procedures. Where not completed, that deferrals will be reported to the operator.
• Identify and take necessary actions as defined by company procedures regarding Critical Maintenance Tasks and CDCCL items.
• Carry out scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and ensuring that all applicable airworthiness and regulatory requirements are complied with.
• Check that product release and customer requirements are complied with before issuing the required Certificate of Release to Service (CRS)
• Sign off OJT for colleagues for which he is suitably qualified when requested.
• Report hazards, incidents and occurrences through the delegated reporting process in a timely manner to ensure safety, security and quality of product is assured;
• Inform the Operations Manager upon notification of any AD, SB, or SIL that may affect future and/or current maintenance, assist in determining the cost implications.
• Interpret and work with engineering drawings and provide accurate reports.
• Effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual task and / or aircraft status.
• Use standard / special tools and operate ground support equipment.
• Train and use information systems such as SAP.
• Provide time estimates and monitor efficiency, to ensure that scheduled man-hours are not exceeded, and coordinate overtime requirements with the Operations Manager.
• Ensure good housekeeping practices.
• Ensure that all incomplete tasks are handed over at the end of each shift in accordance with the approved procedures.
As our ideal candidate
• You hold a valid CASA and/or EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License: B1 and/or B2 (with C ratings – optional) with the applicable Aircraft types endorsed on the license (Learjet, Challenger 300, Challenger 600, Challenger 850 and Global).
• You have a CASA/EASA CAR/Part-147 approved type training (B1/B2) on our aircrafts (Learjet, Challenger 300, Challenger 600, Challenger 850 and Global).
• You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as Cat B1 and/or Cat B2 certifier.
• You have been involved in at least 6 months of actual relevant aircraft maintenance experience. in any consecutive 2-year period.
• You have up to date understanding of the requirements of Part-66.
• You have working knowledge of Part-42, Part-145 and any other relevant regulations.
• You hold a valid Driver’s License (Automatic/Manual transmission).
• You have a minimum of 2 years of line and/or base maintenance experience on our aircraft.
• You are current on all training requirements (recurrent/continuation training).
• You are qualified to perform engine runs and taxiing aircraft – advantageous.
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you. Your ideas move people.
Job Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Primary Location Bombardier Services (AU) Ltd
Organization BA Australia Pty Ltd.
Employee Status Regular