Location: Jorge Chavez Intl Apt (LIM-TRML)
Requisition ID: 68356
Intro for Aircraft Mechanic
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
In addition to the work specified of the aircraft mechanic classification it also includes the following: performing skilled work in those operations such as trouble shooting, individually or with management or professional direction, disassembly, checking, cleaning, repairing, testing, replacing, adjusting, assembling, installing, servicing, taxiing or towing aircraft, fabricating, and/or run-up engines, maintaining the airworthiness of aircraft and all of their components while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modification.
What you’ll do as Aircraft Mechanic
- Certifies for the quality of own workmanship, including signing mechanical flight releases for all work done on field work
- In those work positions where stock chasers are not maintained and/or available, mechanic may chase own parts
- May have other aviation maintenance personnel assigned to assist in completing an assignment
- Works according to FAA, company regulations, procedures and instructions from supervisor
- Completes forms connected with work assignments in accordance with established procedures
- Will communicate with other company personnel as required in a manner designated by the company
- In addition, performs the following duties as assigned: cleaning of aircraft windshield, connecting/removing ground power and ground start units; pushing out/towing of aircraft, and related guide man functions
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience for Aircraft Mechanic
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and understand the English and native language
- High school diploma
- Valid driver’s license, 3 year minimum of credible experience related to the type of work which is assigned
- Airframe and power plant license and/or FCC general radio telephone operator’s license if applicable
- Ability to work rotating shifts including weekends, holidays and days-off
- FAA licensed and valid us visa required
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.