Air Canada Careers – Mechanics -33615
Source: Air Canada
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is Canada’s largest full-service airline and the largest provider of scheduled passenger services in the Canadian market, the Canada-U.S. transborder market and in the International market to and from Canada.
We are currently going through an exciting period of International growth and are seeking a highly motivated and team driven individual. Unlicensed Mechanics are responsible for aircraft maintenance and should have the following skill sets:
- Ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
- Candidates should be able to read and understand various schematic diagrams for maintenance troubleshooting and be proficient with computers and diagnostic tools.
- Individuals need to be “team players” with excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to maintain a customer focused attitude in a demanding, high stress environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the daily 24 hour production plan as instructed by Chief Station Engineer, Lead Licensed Engineer (LLAE), and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer (LAE)
- Perform Routine aircraft checks, aircraft towing (brake operator) and provide headsets for aircraft receipt and dispatch.
- Assist with troubleshooting and the clearance of defects and carry out inspections in co-operation with LAE and/or as instructed by Chief Station Engineer.
- Ensure airworthiness and Safety Policies (S.A.F.E.), Processes and Standards are adhered to.
- Resolve material, tooling and engineering issues which may affect the daily production plan.
- During late/nightshift, support day shift by assisting in the research of inbound inspections, troubleshooting and the sourcing of parts required for the following day.
- Daily inspection of personal toolbox including full Inventory Check and report any missing tools to the Chief Station Engineer.
- Ensure aircraft and related Maintenance Records are completed according to the standards set out in the ACM Control Manual
- Exercise “ownership” of area of responsibility.
- Ensure adequate and accurate aircraft status information is provided (at all times) to Chief Station Engineer, or the LAE assigned to the aircraft.
- Ensure a safe and tidy workplace, including Line Stores, Main Office, Rest Room and Company vehicles
- Ensure Company vehicles are fuelled, tidy and Inventory replenished or ordered.
- Follow up Tooling & Equipment on a daily basis as directed by Chief Station Engineer.
- Ensure all mobile phones are re-charged at the end of the shift.
- Experience of Air Canada’s operational fleet is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in line and hangar maintenance is desirable.
- Hold a valid UK/EU driving licence with the ability to Pass and obtain an airside driving permit.
- Able to show initiative and to make independent decisions, especially in high pressure situations.
- Team player with effective communication skills and strong customer focus
- Be focused on safety and quality in the team environment.
- Solid knowledge of most commonly used PC software, including Microsoft Office suite
- Willingness to be on call and able to work shifts (including overtime), which may include nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
- Be self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Have the right to work in the United Kingdom without restriction
- Able to successfully pass the pre-employment physical and security clearance
HOURS OF WORK
The position has a rotating shift pattern between 06:00 – 02:12, subject to changes to accommodate any flight schedule changes. The position has a rotating shift pattern.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.