Supports the Maintenance Manager Line and Outstations in managing and monitoring the Line Maintenance activities on Air Arabia and 3rd party aircrafts, ensuring the required work is performed, certified and recorded accurately and timely in accordance with DGAC.
Responsible for the cost-effective, timely and adequate manpower allocation and performance to meet business requirements and objectives.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Acts as the main contact point for Stakeholders such as MCC, Development and Planning Engineers, and Quality Assurance team in assimilating, delivering and following up on the day to day maintenance tasks and activities of the Line Maintenance respective team.
- Leads a team of engineers and technicians to carry out maintenance work on aircrafts and rectify/reduce the number of defects utilizing different sources and means such as MCC instructions, troubleshooting (TSR), Technical Log-book of aircrafts, as well as input from cabin crew and pilots, all in accordance with qualifications, experience and approved matrix of authority.
- Supervises the execution of 3rd Party Service Level Agreements as per agreed terms and conditions and standard adopted procedures ensuring all engineers and technicians performing the required tasks are well trained and licensed in the respective category to maintain business relationships.
- Ensures all safety measures and working procedures as well as specified rules and regulations are being considered and adhered to when carrying out any maintenance work on aircrafts, this also includes transferring procedures of all aircrafts required to be sent to the Base Maintenance Hangar for the heavy maintenance.
- Reviews the operational status reports of aircrafts on a daily basis ensuring that required tasks loaded by MCC or the Planning Engineers are timely, cost-effectively and successfully executed whilst MCC is regularly updated with any changes to the pre-approved plan.
- Constantly coordinates with MCC on any pending problems with aircrafts which cause concern or could result in operational disruption, or involve a drop in acceptable service standards during their shift.
Key Result Responsibilities – Continued
- Provides proper guidance, monitoring and performance assessment to the Line Maintenance Engineers and Technicians to assist them carry out their assigned maintenance tasks such as trouble shooting needed to identify and find solutions for potential and existing defects.
- Continuously monitors the licenses approvals and renewal, maintaining an up-to-date record of necessary documents and reports, and highlighting to Management concerns and issues relating to staff performance to ensure adherence to Quality Assurance and GCAA regulations.
- Maintains the Line Maintenance manuals, facilities, offices, machinery, equipment and tools as per approved standards and operational business requirements. Ensures needed tools/equipment are timely handed to/handed over to respective engineers and technicians to successfully accommodate required tasks.
- Implements new technical projects as directed by the MML&O taking into consideration proper procedures and necessary technical and system support as well as familiarization and guidance sessions for the respective engineers and technicians.
- Oversees the daily D-Store activities to ensure all needed equipment and tools are timely available for maintenance tasks and thereafter maintained safely and adequately; in addition, manages all required communication and administrative work such as roster, overtime sheets, EOS, etc.
- Generates daily function-related reports on daily planned and STP (Short Term Plan) maintenance activities, AOG and accidents, and communicates the same to MCC, Engineering Planning, Head of Maintenance, and other concerned parties.
- Attends to the monthly Technical Review Meetings if required.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical or equivalent; alternately a diploma in Aircraft Engineering/Maintenance or E&M certificate from a recognized institute or college combined with needed experience and exposure.
- Holder/has held an DAC Aircraft Maintenance License.
- Holds/has held the corresponding DAC type-rating maintenance license (A320) and qualified for Company’s Authorization, additional aircraft types is an advantage.
- Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry would be an advantage.
- Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience.
- Cost Control, Compliance, Budgeting and Quality Assurance certificates and trainings are an added value and some may be treated as conditional for this role.
- Capable of using technology systems; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Very good in French and English Languages..
- 9+ years’ experience in Line or Base Maintenance environment, 3 years of which in Aircrafts maintenance supervision and management in a similar capacity, with 2 years at least leading teams independently.
- Working experience with Civil Aviation Authorities, preferably DGAC; familiar with all rules and regulations pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing.
- Experienced in leading a team of Engineers and Technicians with heavy work-load schedules.
- Relative exposure on airline and Flight Operations.
- Has exposure on Internal/ External Audit operations and practices related to maintenance and safety.
- Capable of guiding and monitoring the team’s performance against approved policies, procedures and operating manuals and in line with adopted regulations and quality standards.
- Has worked on executing service level agreements of technical nature.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
- Ability to produce, interpret, assimilate data and communicate information and instructions clearly.