To act as a focal point for all maintenance to be performed in the UAE, Hubs and Outstations on 24/7 basis; ensures timely availability and continued airworthiness of Air Arabia fleet and Third Party aircrafts in accordance with business requirements, GCAA/CAA rules and regulations, and as per Air Arabia policies, procedures, and approved quality standards.
Key Result Responsibilities
- Assists in the identification, assessment, reporting and monitoring of the various types of technical defects on the Air Arabia fleet, ensuring all AMP tasks are carried timely and efficiently and that all aircrafts are maintained within agreed technical standards whether they are airborne or on ground.
- Supports the Engineering Planning and Development, STP, and QA teams in executing long-term/ short-term planning and in monitoring of fleet maintenance operations ensuring aircrafts are timely and “safely maintained and released” to service.
- Prioritizes, and manages the allocation of work packages of all tasks amongst corresponding teams whilst following up on timeliness and efficiency in the delivery and handover of tasks executed.
- Acts proactively, takes corrective preventive measures to avoid any problems or defects that might threaten the airworthiness of the fleet and delay operations.
- Provides technical guidance to Line, Base, Outstations’ maintenance staff and MROs, on 24/7 basis, ensuring service is executed in conformity, within approved timeframes, and as per GCAA/CAA regulations, Air Arabia approved quality standards, and Manufacturer’s Manuals.
- Delivers optimum technical support and guidance to pilots and cabin crew whilst on flight or on ground; immediately responds to flights coverage with flexibility to schedule changes to cover function-related operations.
- Ensures prompt and accurate recording and documenting of any maintenance tasks performed including Radio Communication on the logbook of each aircraft. Guides the Pilots and Cabin Crew on formalities adopted in recording and generating related reports.
- Assists the MCC Manager, Stakeholders in UAE, Hubs, and Outstations in monitoring the daily flights technical performance, records, data and incidents; effectively and timely communicates necessary information related to identifying/rectifying defects affecting the operational performance as per proper channel.
- Provides reports on trends of technical performance and recommends corrective measures to ensure no re-occurrence. Assists in Internal/External audit practices within the MCC to ensure abidance by guidelines and regulations.
- Supports the Manager Training and Standards in the MCC Team’s needed technical training ensuring staff compliance with licensing regulatory requirements. Conducts necessary technical training, coaching, mentoring and assessments for Air Arabia/0Third Party certifying engineers, instructors and technicians including Initial, Recurrent, Technical Checks, ETOPs, Transit, Human Factor, etc.
- Handles emergency cases across the entire network and recommends solutions utilizing available resources in the respective area; in case of AOG, grounds, if necessary, an aircraft as per adopted procedures; holds sessions to communicate incidents and share experiences with MCC Engineers, Technical Instructors, and maintenance staff.
- Maintains effective and accurate communication with service providers, suppliers and MROs, generates periodic reports with feedback to MCC Manager on service providers’ performance and quality of services.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
- Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering/Aeronautical or equivalent; alternately a diploma in the related field from a recognized university or engineering college combined with needed experience and exposure.
- Holds/has held the corresponding type-rating maintenance releasing license, other aircraft types are a plus.
- Holder/has held Maintenance Engineer’s member license type AME from an ICAO state is an advantage.
- Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry is a plus.
- Capable of using technology systems & tools; proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English Language.
- 8 + years’ experience in engineering maintenance in the Aviation industry, 3 years of which in Maintenance Control Center in a similar capacity. with 2 years at least leading a team.
- Has direct working experience with Civil Aviation Authorities, preferably GCAA; familiar with all rules and regulations of GCAA pertaining to the Engineering Maintenance, policies, procedures, manuals and licensing.
- Knowledge and exposure on airline and Flight Operations formalities and standard regulations; good understanding of Flight crew thought process.
- Exposure to Quality Assurance /Safety/Internal & External Audit functional operations and practices related to and affecting maintenance.
- A balanced personality, composed, capable of dealing with emergencies with efficiency and commitment to successful safe results.
- Experienced in implementing maintenance policies, procedures and operating manuals as per business needs and in line with adopted regulations and approved quality standards.
- High accuracy and attention to both results and details.
- Ability to interpret, assimilate data and express ideas and concepts clearly.
- Proven skills in analyzing data, identifying pitfalls and recommending cost-effective solutions